Reporting to the Project & Commissioning Manager, InterFace provided an HSE Advisor whose role was to manage the temporary works. This was in advance of construction of two onshore substations and installation of import/export cables for the Greater Gabbard Offshore Wind Farm (504MW/ 141 turbines). Their Advisor managed the various interfaces between the client (Scottish & Southern Energy), two principle contractors (Fluor and National Grid), two main contractors (Siemens and SEESA) and the landowners (British Energy and Olgivie Estates). Time was split 80/20 between the construction site (near Sizewell, Suffolk) and the Fluor head office in Surrey.
- Facilitated and chaired weekly site safety meeting, including site tour
- Facilitated and chaired weekly RAMS reviews with British Energy
- Updated and issued weekly RAMS register
- Proactively worked with subcontractors to advise on RAMS compilation.
- Issued RAMS through Fluor Document Management System
- Compiled daily flash report
- Chaired monthly site safety meeting attended by client.
- Provide site manager with SQES statistics for weekly & monthly report
- Managed local interfaces and provided consent support
- Conducted site inductions for all staff and visitors
- Attended site safety audits with client and closed out issues
- Managed security, fire and emergency evacuation procedures.
- Attended operational meetings as required by client.